It’s generally believed that a hair transplant can only occur if the patient’s head is completely shaven. While this is a standard prep method for surgery, it is not necessary. We are now able to perform a hair transplant without having to shave the entire head area. Only the area in which the hairs are being extracted will be trimmed short. With this approach, there are no signs of a procedure having been done.
While the No-Shave FUE method is not very common to see in most clinics, we do offer it here at Hair By Dr. Max. Most clinics shy away from this approach since it requires a highly-trained team to properly work around the existing hairs. This can also result in a longer procedure, in terms of time. Moreover, it is important to note that the No-Shave FUE Hair Transplant cannot be done by the Artas IX® Robotic Hair Restoration System as it requires the full head to be shaven. Instead, our celebrity hair transplant doctor performs this procedure with Trivellini Tech’s® Mamba device.
The No-Shave FUE technique is usually called a Celebrity Hair Transplant because celebrities would not want to make it apparent that they had received a hair transplant. Don’t be fooled by its name though! Any patient who does not want to shave their entire head can receive this FUE procedure.
WHO IS A GOOD CANDIDATE?
Hair By Dr. Max understands that having a full head of hair is essential to living a confident lifestyle. However, not everyone is a good candidate for celebrity hair transplant surgery in Florida. It’s important to receive a comprehensive hair loss evaluation by a celebrity hair transplant surgeon to determine if you are eligible. Good candidates typically have sufficient hair loss, good general health, a healthy scalp and good donor area.
Moreover, you should have realistic celebrity hair restoration expectations, as unrealistic ones can lead to disappointment. For example, it’s important to understand that this type of surgery can help regrow some hair: It can’t provide a full head of hair that you once had in the past. Moreover, hair texture can affect the result. For instance, thicker and/or wavier hair can provide better coverage in bald areas.
Additionally, celebrity hair restoration procedures do not have any permanent side effects. However, patients can expect to experience temporary side-effects. You can see results in about six months after the procedure. Remember to ask your physician any questions you may have so you can be fully informed and have reasonable expectations going into the surgery.
HOW DOES CELEBRITY HAIR REPLACEMENT WORK?
- Isolation of the FUs with manual punch (0.6 to 0.9 mm diameter)
- Extraction of FUs by certified surgical technicians
- Micro-incisions are made in the balding area(s) (fine needle or micro scalpel). Hair follicles area transplanted by surgical technicians utilizing forceps.
- Direct Graft Implantation (DGI): with an Implanter Pen. DGI is performed on the transplant area by trained physicians. Through DGi, we are able to perform micro-incisions and implantation simultaneously.
WHY CHOOSE CELEBRITY HAIR TRANSPLANT?
- No detectability in donor area
- No shaving or detectability on the transplanted area
- Minimum swelling
- Shorter recovery time than normal FUE procedure
- Limited count of grafts implanted
- More time needed to harvest grafts
- Labor-intensive procedure
- Higher cost than normal FUE procedure
Celebrity Hair Transplant Procedure PATIENTS RESULTS
A consultation with our Patient Care Coordinator is complementary and private.
This is a great opportunity for you to learn more about the various male hair loss treatment options available at Hair By Dr. Max and have all your questions thoroughly answered.