It’s generally believed that a hair transplant can only occur if the patient’s head is completely shaven. While this is a standard prep method for surgery, it is not necessary. We are now able to perform a hair transplant without having to shave the entire head area. Only the area in which the hairs are being extracted will be trimmed short. With this approach, there are no signs of a procedure having been done.
While the No-Shave FUE method is not very common to see in most clinics, we do offer it here at Hair By Dr. Max. Most clinics shy away from this approach since it requires a highly-trained team to properly work around the existing hairs. This can also result in a longer procedure, in terms of time. Moreover, it is important to note that the No-Shave FUE Hair Transplant cannot be done by the Artas IX® Robotic Hair Restoration System as it requires the full head to be shaven. Instead, we perform this procedure with Trivellini Tech’s® Mamba device.
The No-Shave FUE technique is usually called a Celebrity Hair Transplant because celebrities would not want to make it apparent that they had received a hair transplant. Don’t be fooled by its name though! Any patient who does not want to shave their entire head can receive this FUE procedure.
How does it work?
- Isolation of the FUs with manual punch (0.6 to 0.9 mm diameter)
- Extraction of FUs by certified surgical technicians
- Micro-incisions are made in the balding area(s) (fine needle or micro scalpel). Hair follicles area transplanted by surgical technicians utilizing forceps.
- Direct Graft Implantation (DGI): with an Implanter Pen. DGI is performed on the transplant area by trained physicians. Through DGi, we are able to perform micro-incisions and implantation simultaneously.
WHY CHOOSE CELEBRITY HAIR TRANSPLANT?
- No detectability in donor area
- No shaving or detectability on the transplanted area
- Minimum swelling
- Shorter recovery time than normal FUE procedure
- Limited count of grafts implanted
- More time needed to harvest grafts
- Labor-intensive procedure
- Higher cost than normal FUE procedure
Celebrity Hair Transplant Procedure PATIENTS RESULTS
A consultation with our Patient Care Coordinator is complementary and private.
This is a great opportunity for you to learn more about the various male hair loss treatment options available at Hair By Dr. Max and have all your questions thoroughly answered.