With the many advances in hair restoration methods, the Manual FUE technique continues to be one of the most practiced methods in the industry. This is due to the precision this method grants the surgeon, assuming the surgeon is skilled. Unlike strip procedure (FUT), where surgeon involvement is minimal and typically lasts 30-45 minutes, a FUE procedure allows surgery to be 100% involved during the entire procedure. At Maxim Medical, only Dr. Max performs the entire procedure of harvesting, as well as implantation.
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) is one of the techniques for obtaining donor hair for hair transplantation. FUE is a technique that requires more skill on the part of the physician hair restoration specialist and more cost on the part of the patient than the technique of strip harvesting (removal of a strip of scalp tissue bearing hundreds of follicular units). It is also a technique with potential benefit for the patient in less donor-site scarring, although small polka-dot scars may appear at sites of follicular unit extraction.
FUE removes one follicular unit (FU) at a time, targeting the FUs that appear most likely to thrive and produce hair in a transplant recipient site.
Considering the nature of this procedure, there are many equipment manufacturers who sell different types of technologies to be able to harvest the follicular units with more precision and ease.
Here at Maxim Medical, Dr. Max uses a Neograft® device by Trivellini Tech® called the MAMBA device for our FUE procedures. Neograft® allows simultaneous excision and harvesting helping with instantaneous quality control. It is especially useful with patients with curly hair or African-Americans. The grafts are collected in small irrigated containers. The process of Neograft® harvesting is straightforward and fast.
The Mamba device is compact and lightweight, but has a host of features that gives you unprecedented surgical freedom. The MAMBA features individually adjustable rotation functions, oscillation, mechanical vibration, and vacuum, which provides unique and unmatched graft extraction quality.
How does it work?
- Isolation of the FUs with manual punch (0.6 to 0.9 mm diameter)
- Extraction of FUs with microclips
- Micro-incisions in the balding area (fine needle or micro scalpel) and graft placement in the incisions
- Direct Graft Implantation (DGI): with an Implanter Pen
WHY CHOOSE MANUAL FUE PROCEDURE?
- The Trivellini® Mamba device features the smallest punch available. This minimizes trauma and scarring to the scalp.
- The Mamba device allows for the ability to harvest with long hair (see: celebrity hair transplant)
- Less chance of damaging grafts. This is due to the efficient nature of the Mamba device (rotation/oscillation/vibration) thus resulting in high quality grafts.
- Short healing time. Large areas can be done in one session, so the recovery time is painless and quick — about 80% faster than the traditional strip transplants. Patients can typically return to work the following day.
- No telltale signs of hair transplant. As opposed to the traditional strip transplants where an entire strip of scalp is removed, Manual FUE hair transplantation leaves no linear incisions or scars and involves no stitches or staples.
MANUAL FUE PROCEDURE PATIENTS RESULTS
A consultation with our Patient Care Coordinator is complementary and private.
This is a great opportunity for you to learn more about the various male hair loss treatment options available at Maxim Medical and have all your questions thoroughly answered.