Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP) is another popular solution for hair loss. It is a non-invasive treatment that creates the appearance of tiny hair follicles, restoring the appearance of hair on a shaved scalp by creating the illusion of a thicker head of hair. The goal of SMP isn’t to create hair-like lines that are perfectly lined like microblading eyebrows, but instead to use tiny, layered dots in different hues of black to replicate the look of a shadow on your scalp. This style, referred to as pointillism, is done to create natural-looking depth and definition. It is also a great option when all you want is to add density to your hair.
How does it work?
WHY CHOOSE SCALP MICROPIGMENTATION PROCEDURE?
- Ability to cover unsightly scarring/imperfections perhaps due to past hair restoration/transplant methods.
- Useful for those who have experienced hair loss due to factors such as cancer, alopecia, thinning hair, and male/female pattern baldness.
- No false claims about “curing” hair loss
- A more affordable “solution” to hair loss in comparison to other means.
- The treatment does not use any chemicals, which means no side effects.
- This simple procedure, which is basically hair tattooing, is finished in only a couple of sessions.
- Because of the non-invasive procedure of micropigmentation, healing time is limited to only a few days.
- Because a scalp micropigmentation will last for years, there will never again be a shortage of confidence to match the shortage of hair. Because a scalp micropigmentation will last for years, there will never again be a shortage of confidence to match the shortage of hair.
- SMP is a great way to create an illusion, but it will still feel the same as a bald head.
- Will require minor touch-ups over time.
SCALP MICROPIGMENTATION PROCEDURE PATIENT RESULTS
A consultation with our Patient Care Coordinator is complementary and private.
This is a great opportunity for you to learn more about the various male hair loss treatment options available at Maxim Medical and have all your questions thoroughly answered.